How do I enable DPM?
How do I enable DPM?
- Read the Setup prerequisites.
- Verify the DPM operating system is compatible.
- Set up a SQL Server database to store DPM settings and configuration information.
- Set up DPM. You can Install DPM from the user interface, or Run an unattended install. Follow these instructions if you want to Install DPM on a domain controller.
How do I manually install DPM Agent 2012?
Attach the agent In DPM Administrator Console, on the navigation bar, click Management > Agents. In the Actions pane, click Install. On the Select Agent Deployment Method page, select Attach agents > Computer on a trusted domain > Next. The Protection Agent Installation Wizard opens.
Can we do ILR if deduplication is done inside the virtual machine?
Issue: If you’re protecting virtual machines that contain deduped volumes, you can’t perform Item level recovery (ILR) from those VHD/VHDX files. VHD/VHDX file that contains the deduped volume to a Windows 2012 R2 server that has the Data Deduplication role installed.
How do I open DPM Admin console?
Log on to the Operations Manager server with an account that is a member of the Operations Manager Administrators role. In the Operations console, click Administration. Right-click Management Packs > Import Management Packs. Select Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataProtectionManagerReporting.MP > Open.
Can we backup VMware VM to tape if we are using DPM 2012 r2?
DPM can back up VMware VMs to disk, tape and to the Azure cloud.
Is a checkpoint the same as a snapshot?
A standard checkpoint takes a snapshot of the virtual machine and virtual machine memory state, but is not a full backup of the VM. A snapshot of the virtual machine memory state is not taken when using a production checkpoint.
How do I protect my DPM server?
Set up primary and secondary protection
- The Primary DPM server has the protection agent already installed. You need to attach this protection agent to the secondary DPM server. Important.
- Add the primary DPM server to an existing protection group, or create a new one. Select to protect the following data sources:
What is a DPM Administrator console?
The DPM Administrator Console is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that is used to manage a DPM server that by default is installed when you install Data Protection Manager. To access it, you must be interactively logged on to the DPM server using a domain account that has local administrator privileges.