How do you reset a Motorola SBG901?
How do you reset a Motorola SBG901?
Reset Motorola SBG901 router to factory defaults
- Turn on router.
- Press Factory Reset button and hold for at least 15 seconds.
- Device restarts automatically.
- Default settings have been restored.
How do I reset my Motorola modem to factory settings?
FACTORY RESET (or “HARD RESET”):
- Make sure the power to your unit is ON.
- Disconnect the Coaxial cable in the back of your modem.
- Use a straightened paperclip, tip of a ballpoint pen, or push pin.
- Locate the RESET hole, located in the back of your device.
- Push the RESET hole in for 25 seconds, then let go.
How do I reset my Motorola modem password?
To access the settings of your WiFi modem:
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- In the address bar, type: 192.168.0.1 [Then press the Enter Key]
- Enter Username*: admin.
- Enter Password*: motorola.
- Click Login.
- Click the Wireless menu and then click on Primary Network Settings.
What happens if you factory reset your modem?
A reset restores your modem to its factory default settings. It will also erase any customized settings you may have changed, including static IP address setup, DNS, personalized password, WiFi settings, routing and DHCP settings.
How do I troubleshoot my Motorola modem?
If you are having troubles connecting to the internet, first try to reset the modem by unplugging the power cord from the modem and wait 1 to 2 minutes. When the modem lights come back on restart your computer or if your modem is connected to a router unplug your router for 30 seconds and plug it back in again.
How do I fix my modem after resetting it?
In A Hurry?
- 1 How to Fix No Internet after Resetting Modem.
- 1.1 Update your Router Firmware.
- 1.2 Check for MAC Address Filtering.
- 1.3 Run Windows Network Troubleshooter.
- 1.4 Check if your Network Card is Working.
- 1.5 Check and Reset your IP Address.
- 1.6 Reset TCP/IP.
- 1.7 Flush DNS.
Where is the reset button on my Motorola modem?
Do I need to reset a modem before selling?
It might also be a good idea to upgrade your router’s firmware and see if that fixes the problem. A factory reset is a good idea if you’re selling or disposing of your router. This way, whoever gets your router next can start fresh, without seeing any of your personal information (like your Wi-Fi passphrase.)
How can you reset the Motorola sb5101 modem-network?
1. Locate the modem and remove the power cable. 2. Unplug the router power cable. 3. Wait 30 seconds. 4. Plug the modem power cable back and wait for 4 green lights to appear. 5. Plug the power cable back into the router. You internet connection should now be available again.
When do I need to Reset my cable modem?
There may be occasions when you need to reset your cable modem/router to factory defaults, for example if you have changed the Username and Password and lost the new values. Note that if you reset your device to its factory defaults, you will lose any changes you have made to settings in the device.
How to change Motorola modem user name and password?
The default login is. User name: admin. Password: motorola. Once you are logged into the unit, select Advanced at the top of the screen, and then Status and Security. You will need to enter the Current Username and Password, and then the new Username and Password.
What’s the difference between sb5100 and sb5101 cable modem?
SB5101 Cable Modem Overview 1 Introduction The SB5101 Cable Modem is a stand-alone unit with an external power supply, it is the latest product in the Motorola Surfboard range, the SB5101 will be produced alongside the existing SB5100 modem and will eventually replace it. Page 5: Sb5101.